You will be working with Django and Python on the backend with UI components built with Vue and other modern JS/CSS technologies and GraphQL. Experience with building and running services, also with experience with any of public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure) will be required. You will be working closely with a team that’s distributed throughout the US (PDT, MDT, EDT) and Europe.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience designing and building a production-level web application
- Experience with modern web application frameworks, such as Django or Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of extensible REST APIs and GraphQL
- Understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- Experience with common data storage technologies, e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL or Graph DB
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, LaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- A strong team player mindset. Experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers
- Demonstrated excellence at solving problems iteratively and delivering software that can be responsive to customer feedback
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with large scale single-page web applications
- Experience driving and delivering features/software modules from technical design to launch
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g. XP, Scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience with some parts of our stack: Django, Vue, GraphQL, Typescript and Postgres
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with search technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch)
Sleuth was founded in 2019 by three engineering and product experts who were involved in the fundamental growth of Atlassian’s global success. Since emerging from stealth, we are accelerating our product momentum and adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and we think beyond what’s wanted and anticipate what’s needed from evolving engineering teams.
At Sleuth, we don't just accept differences, we look for them, celebrate them, support them and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Sleuth is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know so that we can support your needs.